Zucchini Carrot Piña Colada Bread
by me, homesteadhacker!
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil
- 3/4 cup cream of coconut (you can find this in the mixed drink/hard liquor section of the store)
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup canned crushed pineapple in juice, drained ( Reserve juice for frosting. btw, I used pineapple chunks)
- 1/2 cup finely shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup finely shredded carrot
Sift first five ingredients into a mixing bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, cream of coconut, sugar and eggs.
Stir the liquid mixture into the flour; mix well.
Add the next four ingredients; stir again.
Grease and flour a 9-inch square pan or four mini-loaf pans. (Fill the pans 2/3 full with batter).
Bake at 350° for about 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry. (OPTIONAL: bake in a water bath. Place the pan or pans on a cookie sheet filled with about 1/4 inch water)Yield: one 9-inch square, or five 3″ x 6″ mini-loaves.
Top with Pineapple-Coconut Spiked Cream Cheese Frosting
1 pkg cream cheese (at room temperature)
3 tablespoons of butter (at room temperature)
2 cups powdered sugar
1 teaspoon pineapple juice
1 teaspoon cream of coconut
Blend cream cheese, butter, juice and cream of coconut together until smooth. Slowly add powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time until you have the consistency you like.